Welcome to my blog, Brandy'z Books. Please feel free to look around and make sure to check out the contest list at the botton of the blog for awesome contests at other sites. Enjoy!!!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

CONTEST! WIN A BOOK TO HELP A BUDDING (OR HOPED FOR) WRITING CAREER

Hi!

I'm, Cynthia MacGregor, author of 54 conventionally (that is paper) books and some 50-odd-e-books, some of which are fiction and more of which are nonfiction.

More to the point, I'm the author of five of the eight books in the "Get Yourself Published" series of mini books from the Living and Learning imprint of Secret Cravings Publishing.




Naturally I want ot encourage people to buy my books.

More to the point, I want to encourage people who have a dream of writing but have not yet actually sat down and written a book, or people who ave hesitantly tried their hand at a book but have not yet really gotten their writing careers cranking.  I want to encourage them to follow their bliss, write those books and make them the best they can be.

And, in an effort to accomplish both those goals, I am giving away one free-e-copy of anyone of my 50 or the 8 minibooks in the series.

Each book contains 50 hints, tips or pieces of information.  The topics are:

~Writing your first book

~Writing believable fictional characters

~Editing your own books (before submitting them)

~Writing for children

~Ghostwritting

(the above 5 were all written by me)
and also

~Writing an e-romance

~Outlining

~Do Research

(the above 3 were all written by Lori Paige)

The books were all published by the Living and Learning imprinting of the Secret Cravings Publishing.  If one or more of the 8 addresses aspects of the writting process that you feel you could use some help, with the price is very write:  They are only $2.99 apiece.  You can order them at http://www.secretcravingspublishing.com/




OR YOU CAN WIN ANY ONE OF MY FIVE BOOKS IN THIS CONTEST...

HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:

1- Decide which book you want to win ( remember only one of the five I wrote are up for grabs.  I can't give away another writers books even if she is afriend.)

2- Write a short essay (no word count specifications) on why you want to become a writter or improve your writng skills (if you are already writing)

3- Send me your name, email addy, your choice of book if you win and the format that you would like to recieved if you are chosen. Send these to cynthia@cynthiamacgregor.com  By March 30th . Essays maybe sent in the body of the email or as a separate attachment in doc. docx or rft.

4- I will judge the essays on sincerity content to writing abitlity, and award ONE winner her or his choice of book from among the  five.

Wherever you are in your witing career ~ whether you have several books already written or are still in the wish -could-write-a-book- to stage success, satisfaction and sales to you..


Cynthia MacGregor



Cynthia MacGregpr's 54 conventionally published (paper) books and roughly 50 e-books cover a wide range of subjects, predominantly nonfiction but also a few novels and encompass books for both adults and juvenile readers.  She has also ghostwriten for clients- again in both fiction and nonfiction, adult and juvenile genres.
A freelance writer/editor Cynthia lives in Southern Florida and says " There is no one in the world I'd want to trade lives with."  Cynthia is also host her own and producer of "Solo Parenting",  a TV show seen Saturday mornings @8  0ver South Florida on WHDT and the site owner of both http://www.thesoloparent.com/ and http://www.thepublicapoligy.com/ 

Cynthia website is  http://www.cynthiamacgregor.com/


I would like to thank everyone who has participated in this contest.  and helped me to welome Cynthia.  Don't forget to enter the question/steps above them.

4 comments:

  1. Another amazing Blog. I have to say Brandy your always out doing yourself and it was certainly interesting enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cynthia! I'm uber impressed that you are so well accomplished in both publishing, parenting, and producing a TV show! You must be one busy lady!

    I'm a mom of three and have just published my first novel. Some days it's hard to keep my head above water. Women like you give me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mysti & Kristal. Thank you for stopping over :)

    -Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, I SENT MINE IN!!

    ReplyDelete