Welcome to my blog, Brandy'z Books. Please feel free to look around and make sure to check out the contest list at the botton of the blog for awesome contests at other sites. Enjoy!!!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Heather Kuehl is her to tell us about Malevolent Dead...

Hello! I’m Heather Kuehl and I am an author with Eternal Press. I prefer writing paranormal/fantasy/romance, but I have been known to dabble in other genres. The book I want to share with you today is my paranormal romance entitled MALEVOLENT DEAD. This title is the second in the Sarah Vargas Series, FADE TO BLACK being book one.


MALEVOLENT DEAD picks up six months after FADE TO BLACK left off.
Werewolf Sarah Vargas thought all she had to worry about was the Blood Moon Corporation's retaliation. She never dreamed that another vampire would arrive, disputing Damian's claim over the throne to Charleston, SC. To make matters worse, he is no ordinary vamp; he's a vampire necromancer. He's exceptionally hard to kill, and Sarah will have to do what ever she can to keep those that she loves safe... Even if it means doing the unthinkable.

"Sarah reaches out, grabs hold and drags you through the story with her. Non stop suspense, scorching hot love, or is it just lust, scenes and enough paranormal nasties to keep you away from the cemetery permanently make this book one you've gotta read." Said You Gotta Read about MALEVOLENT DEAD. More information about MALEVOLENT can be found on my website, http://www.heatherkuehl.com/, in The Books section.


 
Now, for your viewing pleasure, here’s Chapter One of MALEVOLENT DEAD:

The night is dark, full of violence and mystery. The cycle of the moon rules all. I stand outside, gazing at this thing that controls me three days a month. Once upon a time I thought werecreatures and vampires were in fairy tales, alive only in books and in the imaginations of humans. Now, I hunt them for a living. My tiny fortune grows daily with every kill.

My name is Sarah Vargas, and I am a werewolf. But I wasn’t always a Were. Five years ago a werewolf attacked me and tore my throat out. I was clinically dead, but by some “miracle” I survived. I knew something about me was different. I just didn’t feel human anymore. That day my human side was killed. Although I am alive, I hardly feel like it. I have one goal: to pay back the Were that killed me.

But first, there is business to attend to.

I am in an alley in Boston, Massachusetts. Not a good place for a girl to be alone, especially at night. I cross my arms, letting my hands slide over the knife sheaths on my wrists. I’m starting to get impatient while I wait for my partner. I don’t really know what his deal is. All I know is he has a vendetta quite like mine. I take a drag on my cigarette, impatience starting to get the better of me. As I exhale, he turns the corner, walking purposefully toward me.

Jared Fontaine is the epitome of a bad boy rocker. Numerous tattoos cover his arms. His eyebrow is pierced along with his lower lip. Today he wears black jeans tucked into his boots. A blue muscle tee shows off
his perfect physique. A black leather duster hides his many blades and guns. His wavy brown hair is pulled back into a ponytail, exposing scars on the left side of his neck. He is heavy metal hot, and he knows it.

“Who does the BMC want us to kill today?” he asks. His thick British accent still makes my knees weak, even though we have worked together for the past six months.

The BMC, or the Blood Moon Corporation, is a group of bounty hunters and politicians. I joined them soon after I was turned into a Were. They consist of just about every type of supernatural creature, and even a few humans. According to rumors, the BMC was originally called the Blood Moon Guild. It is said that a vampire, Were, witch, and shifter formed it during the Black Plague. The Blood Moon Guild formed to try
and keep the rouge Weres and vamps in line. Note the word “try.” The founder of the Blood Moon Guild hired bounty hunters into their payroll once they realized their attempts weren’t good enough. By 1928, the
Blood Moon Guild dropped the title of Guild and added on the title of Corporation. It is much like a corporation now, with locations all over the world. We get assignments to kill. For the right price that is. Some of us have preferences. I don’t like killing humans unless they are pure evil. I’m not sure if Jared has any stipulations about killing. I’ve never bothered to ask.

“Our assignment is to go Charleston, South Carolina and eliminate two vamps,” I say. I don’t bother with a greeting. It is straight to business with us.

“Do we have names?”

“Jackilin and Jerrikin Skyner.”

“Aren’t those the vamp twins? Didn’t the BMC have a hit out on them before?”

I take another drag. “Yes, but they killed the last bounty hunters that crossed their paths. They want us to give it a go.”

“Any reason?” Jared asks.

“Werecreature murders. A lot of them.”

Jared smiles. He knows I don’t like Weres “Why agree to this?”

I narrow my eyes. I hate to be reminded of my dislike for my own race. “The price is right.”

Jared nods, his eyes showing that he really doesn’t believe a word I say. I don’t care. Jared’s just my partner, and I don’t give a shit about his opinions.

“When do we leave?”

“Within the hour. We’re taking a red-eye flight out.” I toss the still smoldering butt on the ground and turn to walk back toward my apartment. I feel Jared’s eyes watching me as I walk. He reminds me of a hawk watching its prey. I feel like an insignificant mouse.

I’m so preoccupied with Jared that I almost miss it. The faintest scent of a wolf. Not just any wolf, but the one that attacked me. I stop dead in my tracks and sniff in the scent. It isn’t much, but it’s enough to tell me
he’s nearby. My breath catches in my throat. Am I really this close to my goal? My newest assignment surfaces in my mind. “Damn,” I mutter. In a matter of hours, I’ll leave this creature to ruin more innocent lives. I close my eyes, taking the scent to memory. I vow that when I return home, I’ll find and kill him. He’s lucky this time, but his luck is about to run out.

I stand in front of my apartment door, keys dangling in my hand. I close my eyes and send my wolf instincts to search my home. Not my literal wolf of course, just the essence of my Were self. I smell and taste the air. I listen. When I’m certain no one is inside, I unlock the door and let myself in.

My apartment is small; perfect for little bounty hunter me. The kitchen, living room, and dining room are all open. A one bed, one bath abode. My apartment looks like that of any other female in her late
twenties lives here. Lavishly decorated and fully stocked with food. My bedroom, on the other hand, is anything but. Blades cover the walls. It is my workout room. My death room.


Get your copy today at www.eternalpress.biz or at www.Amazon.com 

Thank you for checking out MALEVOLENT DEAD! Don't forget to keep an eye out for the third book in this series BLOOD MOON, due out in March 2011.

BLOOD MOON Blurb: After she broke her contract with the Blood Moon Corporation, Sarah Vargas knew that it was only a matter of time before they came for her. What she didn't know is what lengths they would go to make sure that she had no where to run. Everyone Sarah has every relied on is in danger during a time when friends become enemies, and Sarah quickly realizes that the Blood Moon Corporation will never give up until she is dead. The Blood Moon Corporation is coming, and even Sarah doesn't think she can make it out alive.


Buy Links 




Coming Soon 


All proceeds from Blood Moon will be going to MUSC Children's Hospital. Please visit http://www.musckids.com/ for more information about this wonderful children's hospital.

Visit Heather Kuehl online 

8 comments:

  1. Heather,

    LOVE the excerpt. I feel like a total dweeb...haven't read your books. After checking out all of the excerpts, your series is next on my TBR list! Congratulations on your upcoming release!!!

    ReneeRearden(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI HEATHER! I'D KILL BRANDY TO READ MAVOLENT!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Renee thanks for being here...

    @Hotcha12 I HEARD THAT LOL, you wait till I talk to you again!!! :)

    -Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLLOLLOL! HEY, YOU KNOW I'M GREEDY AND WOULD LOVE TO WIN HEATHER'S!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Renee and Hotcha! Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the review ,a must read .Congrats on the new book. cathy_wellman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WELL HEATHER, I'M STILL TRYING TO WIN IT AS IT SOUNDS AWESOME AND THEN I WONT'VE HAVE TO KILL BRANDY AND GO TO PRISON AND OUT RUN LADY BUBBA! ROFL

    ReplyDelete